BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in people older than 18. It can also be injected around the eyes, forehead and nose to smooth wrinkles.
BOTOX starts working in 3 days, maximum effects are seen in 7 days and it last up to 5 months.*
Botox Results (Before and After)
Before getting treatment tell your doctor about all your medical conditions that are contraindication to the treatment, which include:
- A disease that affects your nerves and muscles (such as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], Myasthenia Gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome).
- allergies to any botulinum toxin product
- had any side effect from any botulinum toxin product in the past
- a breathing problem, such as asthma or emphysema
- swallowing problems
- bleeding problems
- plans to have surgery
- had surgery on your face
- weakness of your forehead muscles, such as trouble raising your eyebrows
- drooping eyelids
- any other change in the way your face normally looks
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic can harm your unborn baby
- are breast-feeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic passes into breast milk
Sign up to our newsletter and stay informed about any news or specials that we have running at MD Ageless Solution
Dysport treats moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows by reducing specific muscle activity. Wrinkles are caused by repeated movements and muscle contractions, which means they can even develop in younger adults. One injection into each of 5 points between and above the eyebrows temporarily prevents muscle contractions that cause frown lines, leaving the rest of your face to move naturally.