Erectile dysfunction (ED) is defined as persistent difficulty achieving OR maintaining an erection sufficient to have sex.
1. Causes are usually medical but can also be psychological.
2. Organic causes like Hypertension, Diabetes, Neuropathy, parkinson’s, MS, heart disease, atherosclerosis.
3. Numerous prescription drugs like beta blockers, DHT blockers, diuretics, anti depression medications, chemotherapy drugs, digoxin.
4. Recreational drugs, cocaine, alcohol, and smoking, can all cause ED.
5. Hormonal deficiencies like testosterone or thyroid.
6. Complications after prostate surgery, radiation therapy.
7. structural or anatomical disorder of the penis, such as Peyronie disease.
8. Trauma to the pelvic area.
1. Oral vasodilators: like Cialis, Levitra and Viagra. Some of these medications can be compounded at our pharmacy for more affordable prices.
2. P Shot or Priapus shot: uses patient's own platelet rich plasma to rejuvenate the penis and stimulate new tissue growth, resulting in improved erections that are larger, firmer and more frequent.
3. Penis pump: One other benefit of a penis pump is that it can be used along with ED pills or other treatments without any additional risk. For some men, regular use of a penis pump may help lead to more naturally occurring erections.
4. eVIVE or show wave therapy: The treatment, low-intensity shock wave therapy, has yet to earn the FDA’s approval but is widely used in other countries. Ongoing U.S. trials are promising.
5. Tri MIX injections: this is mixture of vasodilators that are injected into the penis prior to intercouse.
6. Testosterone therapy: testosterone helps with the libido and stamina. There are several options for replacement that include creams, shots or pellets. Testosterone is the men’s anti-aging hormone and optimal levels are desired.
That depends on the cause of ED, lifestyle and expectations of the therapy. Men suffering from sexual dysfunction can be successful at reversing their problem by focusing on lifestyle factors and using natural therapies, like PRP, that could potentially reverse their problem for a long period of time.